- 02-Jan-2013 to 02-Feb-2013 (EST)
- Jacksonville CSC
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time -- Exempt
Full benefit package available
Our Promise of Comfort
At American Hospice, we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but also in their character. Each team member is expected to exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
American Hospice is currently seeking healthcare professionals to fill the following position:
Hospice Audit & Compliance Specialist
These positions will be located in Jacksonville, FL
American Hospice is seeking experienced and detail oriented healthcare professionals to ensure compliance with Medicare, Medicaid, and state hospice regulations by reviewing and auditing electronic medical records (EMRs), policies and procedures, and other operations and compliance documentation. The Audit & Compliance Specialists will also assist with development and implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and forms, and will serve as liaisons to Executive Directors, Patient Care Managers, and program staff regarding compliance issues. These competent and experienced health care professionals should exhibit behaviors of accountability, flexibility, respect, and collaboration to help American Hospice fulfill its common purpose of creating a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest, individualized end-of-life care. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
- Current licensure/registration as a registered or professional nurse.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. RN preferred, but LPN/LVN with requisite training and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience in hospice and/or home health is required.
- Functional and current knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and state hospice regulation is critical.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMRs) and other computer applications/technology is required.
- Well developed time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills including active listening and commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrated independence in completing tasks and projects and in preparing concise and conclusive reports and summary of activity.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team include actively engaging in the following:
- Teamwork - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy, and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
American Hospice offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- Health / dental / vision benefits,
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement and
- Much more.
American Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy. Additionally, American Hospice performs post-offer background checks, to include criminal background checks, drug screen, physical, and TB test, and a minimum of three (3) reference checks are performed through the local Human Resources department.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!