- 18-Feb-2013 to 18-Mar-2013 (EST)
- HOA North Office
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- PRN As Needed
Promise of Comfort
At Hospice of Arizona, we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to: exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
Hospice of Arizona is currently seeking healthcare professionals to fill the position of:
Hospice Admission & Assessment Nurse (RN)
Position location: Phoenix, Arizona
Hospice of Arizona is seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice Nurse to evaluate patients for hospice eligibility and provide timely and effective initial nursing assessments of patients (and families) admitted for hospice services. The Admission RN provides the initial hospice presentation to patients, and their circle of support, assesses their understanding of the hospice philosophy, responds to patient/family, contracted facility, and or referral source needs during all scheduled hours, and maintains a professional, empathetic and caring disposition towards all internal and external customers. This critical member of the Interdisciplinary Team will leverage his/her clinical expertise, knowledge of disease process, and pain and symptom management, in order to provide a competent and comprehensive admission process to the patient and family. The Admission RN is expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
Position reports to: Director of Admissions and Referrals:
- Current licensure/registration as a professional registered nurse in Arizona.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience as a professional nurse required.
- Previous experience in hospice nursing required. Experience in caring for terminally ill patients/families with knowledge of symptom control and emotional support is critical.
- Certification in Hospice & Palliative Care preferred.
- Experience in Oncology nursing or long term care desirable.
- Excellent physical and psychosocial assessment skills, reasoning, deduction, and critical thinking skills are a must. Demonstrated independence in clinical assessment is required.
- Admission RNs must possess the ability to prioritize urgent needs presented by patients, families, and facilities.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple and concurrent tasks.
- Candidates must possess proven time management and organizational skills and have flexibility with scheduled hours.
- Professional attitude and demeanor at all times is essential.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance or access to reliable transportation.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team include actively engaging in the following:
- Teamwork - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
Hospice of Arizona offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- Health / dental / vision benefits,
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement and
- Much more.
Hospice of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!