- 12-Mar-2013 to 12-Apr-2013 (EST)
- HOA North Office
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time -- Exempt
Full benefit package available
Our Promise of Comfort
At Hospice of Arizona, we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
Hospice of Arizona is currently seeking a healthcare professional to fill the following position:
Medical Social Worker
This position will be located in Phoenix, Arizona
Hospice of Arizona is seeking a compassionate, emotionally mature professional to provide medical social services to our hospice patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary team's Plan of Care and ensure the function of each patient and the coping capacity of each family member may be maximized. This competent and experienced health care professional should exhibit behaviors of accountability, flexibility, respect, and collaboration to help Hospice of Arizona fulfill its common purpose of creating a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest, individualized end-of-life care. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
Qualifications - Requirements:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum two years social work experience in a health care delivery system.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance or access to reliable transportation.
- Experience in hospice or home health preferred.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team includes actively engaging in the following:
- Team work - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
Hospice of Arizona offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- Health / dental / vision benefits,
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement and
- Much more.
Hospice of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy. Additionally, Hospice of Arizona performs post-offer background checks, to include criminal background checks, drug screen, physical, and TB test, and a minimum of three (3) reference checks are performed through the local Human Resources department.