- 28-Feb-2013 to 29-Mar-2013 (EST)
- Hospice of Arizona
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- PRN As Needed
Our Promise of Comfort
At Hospice of Arizona, we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
Hospice of Arizona is currently seeking a healthcare professional to fill the following position:
Hospital Liaison Nurse - PRN
This position will be assigned to Hospitals in Maricopa County
Hospice of Arizona is seeking a compassionate, emotionally mature professional to be assigned to a hospital and dedicated to supporting the access of hospice care by potentially eligible patients. The Hospital Liaison Nurse serves as an advocate for hospice and palliative care developing collaborative relationships with all appropriate hospital staff and by meeting the needs of patients and families referred for hospice evaluation and admission through the provision of superior care. The Liaison Nurse also serves as a liaison to the physicians on staff and other care providers such as nursing facilities, ancillary services, other hospitals, etc. This competent and experienced health care professional should exhibit behaviors of accountability, flexibility, respect, and collaboration to help Hospice of Arizona fulfill its common purpose of creating a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest, individualized end-of-life care. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing is preferred.
- Previous experience in hospice and/or home health is preferred.
- Current proof of licensure/registration in the State of Georgia.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in nursing (three (3) preferred in a hospice setting).
- Demonstrated independence in providing clinical care.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance or access to reliable transportation.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team includes actively engaging in the following:
- Team work - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
Embracing Hospice offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- Health / dental / vision benefits,
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement and
- Much more.
Hospice of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy. Additionally, Hospice of Arizona performs post-offer background checks, to include criminal background checks, drug screen, physical, and TB test, and a minimum of three (3) reference checks are performed through the local Human Resources department.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!