- 21-Nov-2013 to 07-Jan-2014 (EST)
- EH McDonough
- McDonough, GA, USA
- Full Time -- Exempt
Full benefit package available
Promise of Comfort
At Embracing Hospice, we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to: exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
Embracing Hospice is currently seeking experienced professionals for:
Spiritual Care Coordinator
This position will be located in McDonough, GA
Embracing Hospice is seeking a compassionate, emotionally mature professional to assess the spiritual and religious needs of the patients/families receiving hospice services and assist with the identification of problems, interventions, goals and outcomes for the development of the overall Plan of Care. The Spiritual Care Coordinator will tap, develop, and coordinate community resources to provide spiritual/religious support to hospice patients and their circle of support. This competent and experienced health care professional should exhibit behaviors of accountability, flexibility, respect, and collaboration to help Embracing Hospice fulfill its common purpose of creating a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest, individualized end-of-life care. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university, or divinity school, with additional experience from a medical educational or service agency required.
- A Master's Degree in Social Work, Mental Health, and/or Counseling from an accredited college, university or divinity school preferred.
- At least one year of supervised experience in a medical, educational, or religious agency or institution preferred.
- At least two years of previous management or supervisory experience as a professional or volunteer in a health care, human services or similar agency.
- Excellent human relation's and leadership skills as demonstrated by previous experience and/or achievements.
- Must be non-judgmental and able to accept different cultural/religious values and lifestyles.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance or access to reliable transportation.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team include actively engaging in the following:
- Teamwork - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
Embracing Hospice offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- Health / dental / vision benefits,
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement and
- Much more.
Embracing Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy. Additionally, Embracing Hospice performs post-offer background checks, to include criminal background checks, drug screen, physical, and TB test, and a minimum of three (3) reference checks are performed through the local Human Resources department.